Monday, April 27, 2009

First Day Of Culinary School

Tonight is my first class at culinary school and I'm pretty excited! Orientation was last week and they are pretty strict about the way things are run. Just as it was in high school, if you're late 2-3x to class it counts as an absence. A certain amount of absences and you receive an incomplete. Although in this case, one incomplete means EVERY subject in the semester has to be taken over again regardless of your grade. Oh, and if you fail a class, you have to redo the ENTIRE semester all over again, including the classes you passed. So, let's just say I'm going to be working my butt off.

It was recommended that we get "wheeley" briefcases for books and knife kits. Apparently we get a fair amount of books with considerable weight a piece and the knife kit is apparently not light as a feather, so, Jack and I went out and found an appropriate wheeley cart to save my shoulders. I'm interested to see how many books I'll get. Truth be told, I'll probably be up all night playing with the knife kit!!!

So, there will be an update later tonight after class and then updates after every class and once or twice on the weekend!

If you have any questions, shoot 'em on over!!!

Cook Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment