Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Here's to the Ladies (and Gents) Who Lunch!

Ok, so, I have to admit, I've never been much of a lunch person. In my corporate life, lunch was that quick blip of time where I pretty much decimated a sandwich and chips between meetings. I'd like to say I tasted my food, but, I'm pretty sure my priority was to keep my blood sugar levels in place.

My friend Eric, pretty much my "brotha-from-anotha-motha" is all about lunch. Before I worked weekends, Eric would always say "wanna have lunch?" My go to plans were always meeting for cocktails or dinner... but lunch? Who has time????

Now that I serve lunch 6 days a week, I'm seeing what Eric was so nuts about in regards to lunch! Our customers come in... they sit... they are away from work, so, conversation isn't about work. In other words, a true "break" from work. And when they leave, they seem to be refreshed and ready to go back to work. (Though once we have our liquor license I'm wondering if anyone will be calling out for the afternoon????)

I had the day off yesterday and Jack and I actually "did lunch". It was fish and chips. And chowder. And I loved every minute of it! I wasn't working. I wasn't watching the clock. I was sitting, eating and loving every minute of it. It made me realize that a lovely afternoon meal can absolutely change the rest of your day! It also made me realize that almost every day, I have the awesome opportunity to change somebody else's afternoon for the better.

Now, since I'm serving you all lunch 6 days a week, I'm thinking I can still stick to the cocktail hour in order to stay caught up with everyone! Martini anyone??????

No comments:

Post a Comment