Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Go Big... or Go Home!

I've never been afraid of change, or, of trying new things. Whether it's been as major as changing my career or as minor as trying a new detergent... I'm pretty willing to give something new and different a shot. Sometimes, well, a lot of the time, it's obvious I should have considered what I was doing a bit longer than I did. However, every now and then, it turns out that my instincts were right and I get a home run. Well, at least a good solid tripple anyway! Today was the first day of cold soups here in the cafe. On my drive from Stratford to Middlebury I had time to ponder what I would make... and, I decided a strawberry soup with goat cheese, buttermilk and basil would be the recipe du jour. In my trusty vitamix went my strawberries, balsamic vinegar, fat free buttermilk and basil. In my head it made complete sense. I got lucky. It came out awesome!!! Taste tests by my team and co-workers who have NO PROBLEM with honest feedback gave me a thumbs up! However, with it being a bit colder today than last week, French Onion soup was the big hit today. Not one strawberry soup sold. I'm not deterred. I stand by my soup :-) So... I figure I'll keep taking chances and just hope they keep working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment